New Year's Resolutions 2011

January 09, 2011

Sorry for the extended delay. I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment. I feel like I'm on the cusp of a great discovery, but I don't know quite what it is yet. I've got a lot going on at the moment and for some reason I've been resisting posting my resolutions. Usually I'm quite clear about them but this year it's been really tough to choose.

1. Be better with money - shop less, spend less, think more before making purchases. Like most people, we're having to be a bit more careful. Also, my parents are downsizing and have been gradually getting rid of a lifetime's worth of possessions they no longer have room for. (Many of which have ended up in our house - argh!) As part of my mindfulness project, I want to stop having loads of clutter in my house. It's a terrible waste of the earth's resources to buy loads of plastic crap and then later throw it away. So I am going to be really strict with myself on this one.

Lucky I didn't post my resolutions until today, as yesterday I randomly bought an orange silicone stirring stick for the kitchen, which qualifies as a piece of plastic crap I don't really need... *sigh*

2. Stop reading the internet in the evenings. At least for a couple of hours.

My internet habit is terrible and it isn't doing my back any good hunching over computers all the time. Also, why do I want to spend all day at work on the computer and then come home and click round and round the same old websites, to see if anything new has happened? I've got to stop it and do something more useful. Perhaps 4, 5 and 6 below ;)



3. Mindfulness project. Be mindful. Spend at least five minutes a day doing mindfulness practice and try to incorporate it into daily life. There's lots more to this - I've got a journal and several books, and I'm trying to get my head round it, but it's complicated and I don't want to talk about it on here until I have.

4. Crochet two squares a day. I started crocheting a blanket when we lived in Stourbridge, probably at least three years ago. It's not even 50% done. If I do two squares a day, by June I'll have enough to sew it together. Ideally I'd like to have finished it by Christmas 2011, but that may be too lofty a goal. I'd settle for having a gigantic pile of squares.

5. Get rid of my stack of food magazines. Easier said than done:



6. Learn to read maps properly.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter