October 30, 2011
Hello, long-lost readers!
It's that time of year again. Unfortunately I'm having a pretty shitty time at the moment:
- We have no heating and have not done for a fortnight;
- My beloved computer is broken beyond repair (I'm writing this on work's laptop) so I have no access to iTunes or to my photos, which is a pain in the arse;
- This week I will find out whether or not I still have a job - work have been threatening redundancies and this week there's an ominous "staff meeting" followed by "individual meetings";
- Notwithstanding the above we're having a few financial problems at the moment which means retail therapy is out of the question;
- I've also had a health scare which I hope is resolved (awaiting test results);
- And as ever I'm on a really strict diet and fitness regime, and trying not to smoke for the 873498574th time.
I'm surviving, but I can't say I'm happy. I had thought about doing the full-blown NaNoWriMo this year and writing my great novel, but I just don't think now is the time. Maybe next year. In the meantime I will be wittering on here as I do every November. Hopefully I will be amusing and literate and not a miserable old cow! Fingers crossed eh?!