Killer blancmange

April 23, 2010

This morning, our kitchen. I am flicking through 'A Passion for Puddings' trying to decide which one to make this week.

Alicey: Vanilla blancmange with saffron syrup ... it says it serves eight. Can you eat eight of those?
Mattgreen: Yep.
Alicey: (musing) I don't think I ever would've made this if it wasn't one of my new year's resolutions. Blancmange can be dangerous.

By this, I meant that blancmange can go wrong pretty easily, so it's not a recipe I'd make for guests without trying it out first. As I rarely make pudding unless we're having guests, this recipe was unlikely to ever see the light of day.

Mattgreen: Yeah, I was watching something about that on Sky3 the other night. 'When Blancmange Attacks,' I think it was called. Did you know that more people die every year from being attacked by blancmange than from accidents in the home?
Alicey: I think you might have got your stats wrong.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter