Something weird is happening to my thighs

November 11, 2011

Lately I've been going to the gym a lot. Yesterday I saw my Personal Trainer. He is a very nice lad but does seem to have a somewhat sadistic streak.

Yesterday I did something called TRX, which is basically a sort of rope/lashing affair which you tie to some piece of equipment and then use your own body weight to exercise with. I did push-ups whilst dangling in mid-air, rowing while leaning back at a 45 degree angle and various lunges and squats. Then I did this hideous exercise that involves jumping off a step into a squat, and then back up onto the step. That hurt. Then we finished with kettle bell circuit training - more lunges and a truly brutal exercise called "cleans". He also has an evil device called a Vipr (cue much sniggering from Mattgreen, a la Beavis and Butthead) but thankfully I got a reprieve from that yesterday as we ran out of time.

By the end I was utterly shattered and in agony, but it's definitely working. Today I went to the gym again, I did 25 minutes interval training (running at 9km/hr at a 3.0 incline) and a load of weights including more squats and lunges. Everything hurts.

However - I did notice that my thighs have got a strange bulging shape to them. I was wearing leggings and my legs don't look like they usually do. I don't quite look like Jodie Marsh....

...thank fuck! But I'm definitely getting more toned. I checked my record and I've been to the gym 14 times since 17th October. My aim is to keep this up until at least Christmas.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter