Pokemon fan fiction - be very afraid.

November 24, 2011

Recently it was Izzy's birthday and she had a few friends over for some party games.

One of the games I came up with was the one where you give each child a word and sit them all in a circle. Then you read them a story and every time their word is mentioned, they have to get up and dash around the circle and sit down again. Quite a pointless game really, but kids like it.

Anyway, I was trying to find a suitable story that had several characters mentioned frequently. I came up with the idea of trying to use a Pokemon story as Izzy and all her friends are into it. So I was googling away and I found a website with Pokemon fan fiction on it.

This turned out to be stories, written by tweenagers, about their favourite Pokemon. It was never going to be good. However, even I wasn't expecting the first one I clicked on to read:

At Tesco a young Pikachu was doing his daily shopping. “Yo dude, I need some Washing powder,” ordered Pikachu at a staff member.

Hmm. It doesn't get any better.

In the end I adapted a story from Pokemon World magazine, which had at least felt the tender touch of a paid editor. Izzy and her friends had a great time!






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter