Sometimes chocolate isn't the answer

December 02, 2010

Yesterday morning, Izzy and I skipped downstairs to open our advent calendars before breakfast. Yesterday evening, when Mattgreen came home from work, I suddenly thought that maybe he was feeling left out. He's always said he's not bothered, but I thought I should check.

Alicey: Mattgreen, are you REALLY okay with not having an advent calendar?
Mattgreen: What, you mean the 24 ulcers of Christmas?
(Mattgreen always gets horrible mouth ulcers when he eats chocolate. Admittedly it's usually a gargatuan chocolate pudding rather than one tiny snowman-shaped chocolate, but...)
Alicey: Oh yeah. (sings) "On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to meeee, an ulcer in a pear tree!"
Mattgreen: (sings) "On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to meeee, two bloody ulcers and an ulcer in a pear tree!"
Alicey: (starts laughing)
Mattgreen: (singing with his tongue in his lips) "Onth tthh ththird day of Christhmas my fthlue loth thent to meeee...."


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter