Blind you with bollocks

November 12, 2010

At work the other day, I was trying to find out the phone number for a local company. I looked up their website and found the most wonderful piece of corporate bullshit I've seen for a long time.

Our Secret
It all lies in our attitude to our key policy of 'Seven S's' which we believe is the seven wonders of XXX Ltd – Strategy, Structure, and System. Staff, Style, Skills and finally Superordinate goals.


I didn't even know what Superordinate goals were. I had to look it up. I am not feeling particularly enlightened even now. Maybe when I ring up I should ask them how they are putting their superordinate goal policies into practice ;-)

Years ago when I worked at the OU, I found a website called the Bullshit Detector. You fed in bits of crappy corporate-marketing-speak like the above, and it gave you a Bullshit Percentage. I can't seem to find it online any more which is a shame, but it was brilliant!



Comments:
Do you mean The Wankometer?

http://www.cynicalbastards.com/wankometer/

That's also the place to find the University of Bums on Seats which is so similar to my last academic institution it is barely satire.
 
YES I did mean the Wankometer! Well remembered. I'm sure I told you about this years ago, lucky I keep you around to remind me of all the things I've forgotten ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter