Music Monday

September 13, 2010

I first saw Dry The River supporting Drugstore earlier this year. I am famous for my automatic hatred of support bands, but this band blew me away. I actually think they were better than Drugstore that night, which is saying something, because I adore Drugstore.

That night, I got a bit lost and was running late for the last train. I raced from the underground across the station, ran through the barriers and skidded to a halt by the train. The conductor said, "Doors are already locked, mate," and twenty seconds later the train quietly pulled away.

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I managed to get on a train which terminated fifteen miles away from where I live. Mattgreen pulled Izzy out of bed at 1.30am and drove to collect me. On the way home, in the dark, we ate red hot chips from the kebab van and listened to the CD I'd bought on the car stereo. It was the perfect soundtrack for the moment.

If you go to their website you can click on a song called "Bible Belt". It is bloody amazing. "Shaker Hymns" is fantastic too. I have listened to these songs about 500 times. It's on my ipod, in my car, in my brain. This morning I decided to listen to their five-track CD on my way to work AGAIN.

They are playing a headline gig in London on 30 September. I highly recommend it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter