Birthday menu

November 12, 2009

I told Izzy she could have whatever she wanted to eat on her birthday, and this is what she chose:

Breakfast: Pancakes with maple syrup and Nutella
Lunch: Honey sandwiches
Dinner: Sausage casserole. Cake with custard.

Strange choices for an eight year old don't you think? Anyway, it got me thinking about what I would have on my birthday, as I love birthdays almost as much as I love food.

Breakfast: Eggs Florentine, if we were eating out. If not (as I'm completely incapable of poaching an egg), Belgian waffles.
Lunch: Mozzarella, basil and tomatoes with olive oil. Carrot cake with lots of candles.
Dinner: Risotto, probably butternut squash or seafood and a bottle of Sancerre. Crème brûlée or panna cotta.

Oh bloody hell, I'm starving now! ROLL ON APRIL!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter