I know a song...

August 18, 2009

I'm sorry to say that yet another thing missing from my childhood was an introduction to this very lovely song. Apparently it is traditional to sing it over and over again whilst on long car journeys with one's parents. I wish I had known it when I was young, as I imagine it would have been quite hilarious to sing it thirty-thousand times on the way to Cornwall/Scotland. Unfortunately I missed out on that particular pleasure.

Mattgreen finally introduced me to the joys of 'I Know A Song That'll Get On Your Nerves' when I was about thirty, and I have often sung it since when I'm bored. This has somewhat pained Mattgreen, as he hates repetition, and I am sure has regretted at leisure having ever taught it to me. Oh well!

Anyway, we were busy cleaning our rented house in the hope of getting our deposit back. I was bored, and I do not enjoy cleaning, and I may have mentioned both those facts several times as we approached our 7th hour of cleaning. I decided that the time had come for a lovely rendition of the aforementioned musical piece.

However, I decided to sing it in the style of opera. I sang the high parts, wavering on the arias, and Isabel joined in singing the main melody. Finally, Mattgreen joined in with the baritone, and we all sang a beautiful version in three-part harmony. I wish I'd recorded it, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

Maybe you just had to be there...

Comments:
ahhh, how it sounds like something that would happen in our house and yes, I think you do have to be there. Maybe you can give us a blast at the party????? lol x
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter