Living is easy with eyes closed

March 01, 2006

This morning as I was driving to work, I decided to listen to Monty Python's Contractual Obligation album. I requested this as a leaving present from my old job because it reminded me of many trashed hours in Andy's car, laughing my head off. It seemed somehow appropriate; a final middle-finger to my ex-employer.

This morning I played it for the first time in months. I have a peculiar talent for forgetting things - films, music, things people have said to me - so I had no idea what was coming. I laughed and laughed. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I had totally forgotten the lyrics to Medical Love Song, which features the classic line, "At least we both were lying/When we said that we were clear". 'I Like Chinese' is the most un-politically-correct song you can imagine. 'Sit On My Face' is incredibly jolly but it feels so wicked to sing along at top volume, especially waiting at the traffic lights in the posh village where I work.

At the moment, life is pretty hectic. I have two OU courses on the go, we're busy every weekend until May, I have Michelle and Richard's wedding cake to make, Crufts in a couple of weeks, still trying to squeeze in going to the gym 5 times a week (ha!), giving up smoking (again) and trying to stick to a decent diet. My brother is coming home in a few weeks, it's my birthday in April, I'm having minor surgery next week. I've got piles of unanswered email and unsorted photos (again). Then there's all the day-to-day stuff like washing and ironing and cooking and looking after/entertaining Isabel and yet again, there's not enough hours in the day. My blog is somewhere at the bottom of a very long list.

Perhaps I need to cut down on my sleep. If I could manage on 6 hours a night that would help considerably.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter