Marmalade Ownage

January 22, 2006

After last year's triumph in the marmalade department, I could hardly wait to have another go. I spotted organic Seville oranges in Waitrose the other day and snapped up 2 kilos. I figured that would be plenty.

When I got home and checked the recipe, I discovered that was enough for double quantities. In previous years, I have made half quantities, so I was definitely going to be making a lot of marmalade. Luckily, my mother has been saving jam jars like there's no tomorrow in preparation for my annual marmalade-athon.

I had to use my two biggest pans.



So far, so good. I started at 3pm and finally finished at 8.30pm. Marmalade making isn't for slackers, you know. I have now got more marmalade than anyone else on the planet. It's the most beautiful colour as well - I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Anybody want a jar?


Comments:
Looks yummy, shame I don't like marmalade
 
You're definitely becoming an expert in Marmaladeology Mrs G!
You'll have to share your secrets with us :-)

Anna
 
Excellent. Put me down for one.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter