Google Book Search

January 20, 2006

I have found the best tool ever.

I love Picasa (also from Google) but they have surpassed themselves this time. If you haven't seen it before, this is amazing. Somebody pointed it out on my OU forums.

Google Book Search
is an online book database. You type in the name of the book you want to read, for example 'The Fats of Life' which is my course text, and it finds the book. You can then search for a word or phrase in the book, and it finds it and tells you what pages it is on. Unreal.

You can also search for a random word and it will find all books in its database that have that word anywhere in them. i.e. marmalade will find both recipe books and Paddington.

They don't have all the books I want yet. I bet they'll get them though.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter