lost

September 28, 2005

on the final night of big brother this year, channel 4 aired the first two episodes of an american drama about a plane crash on a desert island. it is called lost. i wasn't going to watch it but gordy talked me into it.

now i am utterly addicted.

every week i snuggle down on my sofa with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate and izzy's furry tarantula for company and watch it. i have both my phones next to me so in case somebody dares to interrupt me i can just whisper, "call you back" and hang up on them without having to leave the television. gordy and i text each other in the adverts.

here are some texts from gordy i have on my phone:

He needs sleep! It's well edgy!
Grab the roots!
MOTHS!!
Grim.

i have to be really careful reading american entertainment sites in case i ruin it for myself, because the second series has just started over there. i have actually thought about just buying the region 1 dvd and watching the entire series in a couple of evenings (yes, i would actually do that!) but then i'd have nothing to look forward to on wednesdays.

if you're not watching it you are SO missing out.

Comments:
As you know I'm totally addicted too. I watch it on E4 so I'm one episode ahead. I wasn't going to watch it but ended up watching it on E4's Sunday night catch up when Richard was away on Steg's stag fest. I was scared.

Be really careful as I do know that a main character does die, thanks Heat magazine. I have to be careful not to read anything on the BW website.

I don't fancy any of the characters, Jack's chin is too pointy and I hate Sawyer's accent.
 
Hm, I got lazily addicted to the first series of 24, whenever that was, and ended up resenting the amount of time it had eaten up, when it finished. That I could have watched sixteen films instead. Did enjoy the premise of Lost, but it looked like it was just going to do the same thing to me.

I now spend every single evening watching at least two challenging and improving arthouse films consecutively, of course.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

web counter